Tate Andale Model GD twin-basket industrial strainers are available in cast iron, cast steel and cast stainless steel bodies. The Model GD is easily cleaned without interrupting the fluid flow and has one internal moving part. The Model GD employs a tapered plug valve for diversion of the flow from chamber to chamber. A unique plug lifting mechanism prevents metal-to-metal contact while diverting the flow. This timeproven design provides both troublefree and maintenance-free operation. It is available in 2-inch through 8-inch sizes. Threaded units are available in 2-inch and 3-inch sizes. Flanged units are available in 2-inch to 8-inch sizes. These precision fitted top-entry basket units feature knob type, quick opening, positive seated covers. All units have standard O-ring seals. They are designed for use in system pressures up to 200 W.O.G.
Each unit is designed with two baskets that are easy to remove and clean. Units that are 2 1⁄2 inches and larger have stainless steel wedgewire constructed baskets. Two-inch units have stainless steel perforated plate baskets.
The Model GD includes a positive indicator handle that shows which basket is in service. Additionally, this handle prevents opening the in-service chamber.
The Model GD strainers are installed where continuous operation is required and the line cannot be shutdown for cleaning.
This Model GD strainer has been designed to be interchangeable with most standard competitive brands of similar material and size. It is available for immediate shipment from stock.
- Choice of cast iron, cast steel or cast stainless steel
- Available in sizes from 2-inch to 8-inch
- Flange connections meet ANSI standard
- Rated to 200 W.O.G.
- Only one internal moving part
- Knob-type cover permits quick access to baskets
- Standard O-ring seal
- Tapered plug valve diverts flow between baskets
- Special lifting mechanism facilitates changeover without interrupting flow, and minimizes wear and maintenance time
- All units come with top-entry stainless steel baskets
- Units that are 2 1⁄2 inches and larger have wedgewire baskets
- Two-inch and smaller units have perforated plate baskets
- Positive indicating handle shows which basket is in service
- Easy installation and service, no tools required for maintenance
- GD spare parts interchangeable with Guardian Simplex parts
- Most sizes available from stock
- Model interchangeable with most competitive brands
- Baskets available in most perforation or mesh sizes
- Baskets available in other materials
- This functionally built strainer model is designed for process flow pipelines that require continuous and uninterrupted operations.
- This model can handle most industrial strainer applications requiring duplex units.
Contact us for more information.